+61 7 3077 7167
Sebastian is a leading securities and corporate lawyer. He was a Partner of a national firm from 2001 to 2008. He worked in the Investment Banking (corporate advisory)- Macquarie Bank, and in the Companies Department of ASX Limited.
He has acted for issuers as well as investment banks and has extensive practical knowledge as well as significant legal experience and expertise in the workings of the stock market and in floats/IPOs, prospectus law, employee share schemes, acquisitions and takeovers. He has broad experience in advising companies of all sizes on corporate matters, in particular in the resources sector. He has helped many international companies establish and grow operations in Australia through initial set- up or acquisition and has had a long term interest and involvement in company secretarial related work.
Sebastian has been repeatedly listed in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 as 1 of 10 leading individuals in equity capital markets in Australia. He was named the IPO Dream Team’ by Australasian Legal Business and named as a Leading Lawyer for ECM in Chambers Global. He was listed in several editions of The Legal Media Group Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers (www.expertguides.com).
He is also a Non-executive Director of Prosperity Resources Ltd, until recently was the Executive Director (and company secretary) of Fitzroy River Corporation Ltd, and is a Board member and Chairman of The Armidale School.
Sebastian is a regular contributor and presenter to the Governance Institute of Australia..
- QGold On-Market Takeover bid for Strategic Minerals Corporation NL (ASX:SMC)
- Macquarie Capital Alliance Group – (chair of Due Diligence Committee, co-lead partner)
- Promina Group Ltd – (lead partner, with the firm acting as legal advisers to the public company that listed on the ASX and whose shares were issued and sold to the public)
- AMP Limited – (a key member of the team – minutes secretary of Due Diligence Committee, regulator liaison, prospectus and offer structure preparation)
- Macquarie Bank Limited – (when at the Bank – secretary of Due Diligence Committee and listing process/legal coordination)
- Ivanhoe Australia Ltd – (then Australia’s largest ever exploration company IPO) (lead IPO partner (while at Minter Ellison) and chair of Due Diligence Committee and legal adviser to major shareholder once at Greenwich Legal)
- Dexion Ltd – (chair of Due Diligence Committee, co-lead partner – exit by CHAMP Ventures)
- Austar United Communications Limited – (underwriter’s Australian counsel)
- Proposed float of Duke Energy International’s Australian assets – co-lead partner
- Proposed float of Pacific Nursing Solutions (Dual-track IPO/Trade Sale) – co-lead partner and chair of Due Diligence Committee
- Proposed float of ATF Hire Group (Dual-track IPO/Trade Sale) – co-lead partner and chair of Due Diligence Committee
- Macquarie Capital Alliance Bermuda Ltd – Triple Stapling to MCAG and $400M ASX Listing (lead partner and chair of Due Diligence Committee)
- ING Private Equity Access Ltd – (co-lead partner)
- ASX listings of several iShares funds (lead partner)